Daniel and Dave Discuss Every Episode of DGL

A weekly podcast in which Daniel Gray and Dave Brown talk about a specific episode of the hit family radio drama Down Gilead Lane.

Friday, February 5, 2010

"Food for Thought" Airs This Weekend

Contrary to the belief of the SWDGL's co-hosts, this weekend 1-6 "Food for Thought" will be airing (you'll have to wait until next week for "Rumor Has It"!). We'd love to hear your thoughts on this episode, and just in case you need some direction, here's a few questions for you:
  • Do you believe that the serious topic of eating disorders is handled well?
  • Do you like the way Grace Andrews is introduced? What is your first impression of this character?
  • Do you sometimes find yourself caring more about what people think of you rather than what God thinks?
Tell us what you think by sending us an audio review or leaving a blog post. Even if you can't think of much to say about this episode, we'd love to read out your thoughts anyway! :-D

3 comments:

  1. Having listened to every episode of Down Gilead Lane and knowing that the cast and crew never shied away from serious issues, this topic was handled very well. You can feel that not only the cast was sensitive to the seriousness of the topic, but also the crew as well.
    I really liked how it was Haley that met Grace first and that Haley was surprised that Grace was not crazy like she had been led to believe.
    At first I thought Grace seemed aloof and a little uncomfortable, but as she and Haley continued to talk Grace became the wonderful character that I came to love. 4.5/5

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorites, especially because of the introduction of Grace. I thought the issue of eating disorders was handled very well, but still kept the show very family friendly. One of the things I liked best about it, was that the characters did not explain everything that could have been explained about the topic, which left room for excellent family discussion.
    I can't remember what my initial first impression of Grace was, because I listened to this episode long after I listened to episode 1-10.
    I would have to say that I do occasionally catch myself caring about what others think of me, but it isn't about physical appearance. Usually its about how they view me, in what I say and do around them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This episode was nice.
    I think that the topic of eating disorders was handled well. Humour was incorporated nicely. "Arachnaphobia". I also think that it was smart that the writer didn't actually put a real way to lose 27lbs in 7 hours on the episode. I do find it hard to believe that Haley would believe that raw peas and broccoli stems would make her lose that much weight.
    Just thought I'd add this- I have to do a poster about stuff that represents me too, just like Haley.
    Grace never really was one of my favorite characters, but I guess she was introduced alright. I liked the line where Haley was like "You must be Crazy Grace- uh- lazy Gracy, daisy grace". That, in my opinion, was a great way to introduce Grace.
    I do find that I care too much about what other people think about my appearance. Every day I think about what people at school will think of what I look like, and sometimes I do neglect thinking about what God thinks of me. I can really relate to what Mary Morrison said about how in college she always compared herself to other girls.

    (I didn't actually listen to the episode this week so forgive me if anything I said wasn't actually in this episode. I just thought that I'd review the episode anyways cause I was bored. You don't have to read the stuff in brackets either.)

    ReplyDelete