Daniel and Dave Discuss Every Episode of DGL

A weekly podcast in which Daniel Gray and Dave Brown talk about a specific episode of the hit family radio drama Down Gilead Lane.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Break in the Nation's Capital

We're back in Washington, D.C. this weekend with the Morrisons. Listen in as they visit an amusement park, help out a family in need, and maybe hear the President speak. You can share your opinion on "Spring Broke" (either on the two parts as a whole or just on part two), which we'll share with the DGL fan community on our next podcast. In addition to the questions from last week, here's two more that you might like to consider in your review.
  • Do you think Justin acts too selfishly in this episode, or is Brooke's unselfish attitude a little too much?
  • This episodes contains a "bonus scene" in which Justin meets someone very special in the elevator. What do you think of this scene?
Of course, feel free to comment on whatever else comes to mind! Submit your reviews to slowwalkdgl@gmail.com or leave a blog comment below. Make sure you have your parents' permission first (if you're a young person) and make sure you get your thoughts to us by lunchtime on Monday!

6 comments:

  1. mine's sent :) Yes I made it in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like Brooke. Her unselfish attitude is too much. I don't think that Justin acts too selfishly. I think Timmy was right.

    That scene was decent. Aside from the possibility of drowning it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Brooke and Justin were actually being selfish in this episode. Brooke was so focused on helping Shannon and Eric that she could not see anything else. Justin was so focused on meeting the President (which he did get to do, just not the way he thought he would) that he could not see that the Vaughns truly needed his family's help. However they both came to realize the error of their ways. 4.5/5

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second part of Spring Broke was, in my opinion, much better than the first. In part one, it just didn't seem like much really happened. I think my favorite thing in part one was actually the background sound, like the hum in the airplane. That seemed very realistic.
    Just one thing bugged me in Spring Broke part two… the last scene in which Justin meets the President. To me, that was REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY cheesy!!
    Neither Spring Broke part one or two were that amazing to me, but I'm a really high DGL rater, so instead of trillions and trillions of stars, I'll just do one trillion stars. :)
    Keep up your fantastically awesome podcast!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid I won't have time this week to review the episode. Sorry, I hope to review next weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the reviews this week, Gileadites! You can expect to hear them on our podcast within the next few days.

    Okay, Audrey, we'll eagerly await your review of "Dressed for Sacrifice" then! It would be helpful if you could get it to us over the weekend rather than at the beginning of next week, if at all possible.

    ReplyDelete