Daniel and Dave Discuss Every Episode of DGL

A weekly podcast in which Daniel Gray and Dave Brown talk about a specific episode of the hit family radio drama Down Gilead Lane.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

What Did You Think of 2-6?

We want to know what you think of the introduction of two important DGL characters in "When Push Comes to Love," Monica Richter and Blanche Kopek. Along with your thoughts on those characters, let us know what your thought about the different things that went on in this show. Here's some questions to get you thinking!
  • What do you think of the character of Blanche Kopek?
  • What about Monica? Is she at her scheming best in this show?
  • Do you think Brooke is likeable and relatable in this episode?
  • Is Tiffany humorous in this show? Do you think she's meaner than she was in "The Cheater"?
  • In what ways is Justin and Lauren's reponse to Tiffany and to her teasing of Brooke commendable? In what ways is their reaction not good?
  • Who do you think it would be harder to show love to: Ms. Kopek or Tiffany Richter?
  • Does Haley and Timmy's side-story work well to show the theme of loving others as it relates to siblings?
  • Do you find Mrs. Morrison overly sentimental in this show, or is she just a realistic example of a caring mother?
  • Do you think Grace's applying the story of Cinderella to Brooke's situation is memorable or cheesy?
  • In the final scene of this episode, Mrs. Morrison mentions the "domino effect" that Brooke has on her younger siblings. Do you take enough care to be a good example to your siblings?
As we mentioned on the podcast, the deadline for reviews is Tuesday at 7PM. Send us an audio review or leave a comment below!

In addition to receiving lots of reviews for "When Push Comes to Love," we expect to receive lots of entries for this week's SceneWhat? scene! You can find a list of episode titles here (hint: one of these episode titles--the answer for this week's scene--was cited by Daniel out-of-context to help you out!). Then enter by sending us an e-mail or using this form.

4 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    No, I didn't die or anything. I was, and actually still am, on this awesome vacation. I brought my laptop with, but it wasn't able to get service for a super long time. Okay, now on to my review!

    What do I think of Blanche Kopek? She's strange. I can't think of anything else to say about her.

    I don't really Tiffany was being mean, she was just being her regular spoiled-little-bratish self.

    Aww, poor Timmy! Haley, stop being so bossy with your poor brother!

    Mrs. Morrison was a little over-the-top. I mean Brooke was just getting her first job, she wasn't getting married or anything.

    I thought Grace's Cinderella story was really sweet. It was cute how she related the evil stepmother to Ms. Kopek.

    There was just one big thing that bothered me about this episode... WHAT RESTAURANT DID BROOKE PICK TO EAT AT WITH HER MOM?!?!?!?!?!?!?

    This wasn't a bad show, but it wasn't one of my favorites, so I'll just have to give it 5 trillion stars. :(
    I agree with what Austin said last week, you guys have the best podcast in the universe!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Keep up the awecoolfanfabsomastically amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I haven't posted here before, but I'm going to try... here goes.
    Monica is definitely not at her scheming best in this show. Her actions in this show didn't make you want to punch the radio :) She was actually kind of nice.
    Tiffany would be harder to love I think. She is so annoying!!! It would be a lot of fun to play her though!
    Grace's story was good to show Brooke the point, but it kind of ruined the Cinderella story for me :)
    I loved how Justin and Lauren stuck up for Brooke. I would do the same thing. It was wrong to go against the rules though.
    Brooke has always been one of my favorites. I love big sisters :)
    Thanks for doing this!
    Gabbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Kopek really reminds me of one of my supervisors at work. Impossible to please.
    In this show Monica seems nice, but we know she has ulterior motives. So her scheming is good, because you don't even know she is scheming!
    Likeable, no. I don't really like Brooke that much. I think she is relateable because my first job was cleaning just like her!
    Tiffany is, to borrow the words of Timmmy, a "meanie head". That just sums her up.
    It's good that Justin and Lauren want to stand up for her.
    Definitely Tiffany! It's not as hard to be nice to your boss because they're an authority, but it would take a lot more self control to be nice to Tiffany.
    Their story does work, but my sister would never go along with what I wanted her to do if she was against doing it!
    Yes, Mrs Morrison is over sentimental. I hate when she cries. It's one of the major faults of the episode "The Best Christmas on Record". My dad came in the room when I was listening to The Best Christmas on Record, and it was at the section where Mary was crying and crying and crying and he made me stop listening until he was gone! My mom was never that sentimental, so I don't find it that realistic, but my friend's mom was emotional when her youngest girl could drive.
    I think it's kind of silly. But I still remember it well.
    I take enough care to be a good example to my sibling most of the time.


    [That was a lot of questions!!]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Daniel and Dave. I had a lot going on and did not get a chance to listen to this week's episode in time to post my review. I will try and do better next week. The podcast is awesome, keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete