Daniel and Dave Discuss Every Episode of DGL

A weekly podcast in which Daniel Gray and Dave Brown talk about a specific episode of the hit family radio drama Down Gilead Lane.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

S-9 "Heart and Soldier"

This weekend celebrate freedom by making DGL's holiday special "Heart and Soldier" part of your July 4th commemorations. Then send us an e-mail or leave a comment below with all your thoughts on this show!
  • Did you like the romantic and patriotic feel to this episode?
  • Did you enjoy the flashbacks to Mr. Key's past?
  • Why do you think Mr. Key only cares about the book Elsie gave him and not about her letters? Why do you think he never accepted salvation in Elsie's lifetime?
Don't be afraid to share personal examples or feelings on this show if you want to! Your reviews need to be in by 2PM on Monday.

We've also got our last edition (for now) of SceneWhat? in podcast #26. Let us know what show the scene was from (hint: if you don't know, listening to some of podcast #23 will help you!).

2 comments:

  1. I have no patriotic feelings for the USA so I didn't really care about the patriotic feel. I thought that Haley kind of overdid it at 15 minutes because she was almost crying. It was kind of sappy. But when it was not overdone it was fine.

    I did like the flashbacks to Mr. Key's past because we get to know more about Mr. Key and he was an interesting character. I felt bad for him when he said "though it certainly wasn't what I thought it would be...".

    He doesn't care about the letters because "those letter's aren't my Elsie" and because "no letters are going to bring her back to me". Those didn't mean anything to him. I think it's because the book meant so much to Elsie that he couldn't get rid of it, and also because of the stuff Elsie wrote in it. I think he never accepted salvation in Elsie's lifetime because he wasn't ready then. But after that episode when he realized that God was following him his whole life then he realized he should accept salvation.

    I once had a dream about Mr. Key in the war, but he was on a boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just looked at my CD single of "Heart and Soldier" and it's different: the image is of a soldier's helmet instead of of a medal. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete