Daniel and Dave Discuss Every Episode of DGL

A weekly podcast in which Daniel Gray and Dave Brown talk about a specific episode of the hit family radio drama Down Gilead Lane.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Season Three Has Begun!

YAY!!! Seven months into the DGL Rewind, we finally arrive at Season Three. And your favorite DGL fans Daniel and Dave are excited about launching into a whole "new" season, but please help us by sending reviews of the episodes when you can! This week's episode is 3-1 "Power Play"--you'll get to hear from the Richters, Lauren, all of the Morrisons, and maybe even Pastor Mark as they face being brainwashed by a new media company in Coleraine intent on ruling the world. Well, okay, it's not such an implausible story as that--listen here to find out what this week's show's really about. :-D
  • Which of the Richter girls--Tiffany or Maya--are you most looking forward to hearing in this season?
  • Timmy: Cute or annoying in this show? :-)
  • Did Justin's dilemma ring true for you? If you had been in his position, which option would you have chosen?
You have right up until 2PM on Wednesday (MST time) to review, so please take this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to contribute to our discussion of "Power Play." We'll even take song requests from you guys. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. "...they face being brainwashed by a new media company...intent on ruling the world. Well, okay, it's not such an implausible story as that..." That really reminds me of Adventures in Odyssey.

    I am most looking forward to hearing Maya the most. Because I think that Tiffany is annoying. She's 13 and so annoying. I really like season 3 and am looking forward to it.

    I thought Timmy was cute in this show. I think wanting to be a fish vet is cute. He wasn't in a lot of the show so he didn't overwhelm it and make it annoying for me.

    I wouldn't have chosen the internship. Tiffany is annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! Yay!! I'm going to make this in on time!! Life is seriously crazy =)

    Ummm..... I guess I'm looking forward to hearing Tiffany most this season... she's always been one of my favorite characters :)

    Timmy, Timmy, Timmy... WHY ARE YOU SO ANNOYING?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'd be completely lying if I said I liked Timmy at all in the earlier episodes.

    I thought Justin's choice was WAYYY over done... I really don't think it was that big of a deal. If I was in Justin's position though, I'd help out with the little peoples... so fun! :)

    A good but not great episode, so three trillion stars.
    Keep up the exellicoolsome work on the podcast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Daniel and Dave! I’m back! Sorry about not sending in any reviews but I have had a crazy summer with a missions trip to Mexico, making cheese, running to farmers markets, and working on my family’s farm.

    First to answer your questions:

    •   Which of the Richter girls--Tiffany or Maya--are you most looking forward to hearing in this season?
    I am looking forward to hearing about Maya. It will be interesting to hear how she changes as she grows in her faith as a Christian. She will have a tough time I’m sure with her family situation. I know that she will continue to try to show her faith to her family members.

    •   Timmy: Cute or annoying in this show? :-)
    I thought Timmy’s lines were cute. I liked his line about being a fish vet or a “marine guy.” Maybe it is just because I wanted to be a marine biologist at one point too.

    •   Did Justin's dilemma ring true for you? If you had been in his position, which option would you have chosen?
    Yes, his dilemma did ring true. It is a common thing to think that working at a church or church event is more godly than other jobs. But, as we heard Mr. Morrison say in this episode, we can serve God wherever we are, not just in church. I think that I would have chosen the same as him. I would enjoy the work at the newspaper more than I would the job at the church.

    Overall, I liked this episode. It had some funny lines and we even got to hear some of the Richter scheming going on. I think I will give this episode a 4.5 out of 5.

    Keep up the good work guys! I really enjoy hearing from you, Steve and Lori each week! “Hear” you later, Anthony

    ReplyDelete