Daniel and Dave Discuss Every Episode of DGL

A weekly podcast in which Daniel Gray and Dave Brown talk about a specific episode of the hit family radio drama Down Gilead Lane.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

"The Domino Effect"

Join in with the Morrisons as they set up their dominoes and have some fun! But one Morrison isn't interested in playing, due to something you might call "The Domino Effect."
  • Do you like playing dominoes? Was it fun to hear the Morrison family playing with them?
  • Why do you think Justin was so easily affected by Brooke's attitude?
  • Do you think Brooke's rebellious attitude and the edginess in her voice were realistic? Was her parents' talk with her well done?
  • Was the message of this show convicting? What has been your response to rebellious temptations?
Make sure you don't spoil any things to do with the continuing story surrounding Joan in your review! You have until 2PM (MST) on Tuesday (April 19) to review.

1 comment:

  1. My Android phone is on the blink, so it's a text review this time.

    Do you like playing dominoes?

    I did enjoy dominoes years ago, but it's been years since I played -- both the game and the chain-reaction version.

    Was it fun to hear the Morrison family playing with them?

    It was OK, didn't really grab me.

    Why do you think Justin was so easily affected by Brooke's attitude?

    As John Morrison said, he really looked up to Brooke. But I did think it was a little abrupt how he reacted.

    Do you think Brooke's rebellious attitude and the edginess in her voice were realistic?

    It was pretty well done. It showed a side of Brooke I wasn't familiar with, especially since I remember the more mature Brooke of the later seasons that I first encountered.

    Was her parents' talk with her well done?

    Pretty decent. I hope that I would be as skillful in dealing with things when MY girls are teens!

    Was the message of this show convicting?

    Somewhat.

    What has been your response to rebellious temptations?

    I have a younger colleague at my workplace prayer group who looks up to me as a mentor. He is also my accountability partner for a sin we both struggle with, and he said to me recently that perhaps I should remember how it would affect him if I give in to temptation.

    As for Joan: she's dying, isn't she? I know you said "Make sure you don't spoil any things to do with the continuing story surrounding Joan in your review!" but I don't actually know what's going to happen with Joan so I can't be spoiling it... I'm just guessing! :-)

    God bless,
    Ian Chai

    ReplyDelete