Daniel and Dave Discuss Every Episode of DGL

A weekly podcast in which Daniel Gray and Dave Brown talk about a specific episode of the hit family radio drama Down Gilead Lane.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

6-7 "Split Decision"

Thanks for all the reviews you guys have been sending lately--keep it up over the course of this season! "Split Decision" gives you another opportunity to weigh in on a S6 episode, as Caleb struggles with a split personality (hence the episode title). Once you've heard 6-7 please leave us a comment on the show (Spoilers follow)!
  • How do you feel about bowling? Do you think the DGL characters' different reactions to bowling were realistic?
  • Was Caleb's bad attitude and challenging behavior (and the characters' responses to it) too similar to another DGL episode? Did you like the way that "Split Decision" discussed mercy?
  • Did you expect Caleb to show up to go bowling at the end? Do you think this show could have actually had more impact if Caleb hadn't come?
You have until 6PM Wednesday (August 17) to get your thoughts in (remember that you can always send us an audio review via e-mail!)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Dave & Daniel!

    * How do you feel about bowling? Do you think the DGL characters' different reactions to bowling were realistic?

    I have enjoyed bowling occasionally, but it's been years since I last bowled. I didn't think anything unusual about the reactions of the Morrisons, Taylors, and Donners. But Caleb's initial reaction was quite funny. I never thought of bowling as a kiddie thing. I did most of my bowling when I was a single adult.

    * Was Caleb's bad attitude and challenging behavior (and the characters' responses to it) too similar to another DGL episode? Did you like the way that "Split Decision" discussed mercy?

    I found it quite interesting how Caleb was so down about everyone praising him for his giving credit to Anthony. I would have expected him to be basking in the praise rather than being so down on it.

    I thought it rather interesting about how Tiffany was wheedling for something to make her look good -- the whole conversation between her and Monica was quite comical -- melodramatic, even! So it wasn't very realistic, but was fun anyway.

    I also thought it was funny how the Taylors reacted to Caleb's irresponsibility after John's suggestion.

    * Did you expect Caleb to show up to go bowling at the end? Do you think this show could have actually had more impact if Caleb hadn't come?

    I don't know if it would have more impact, but I was glad he went with the Morrisons, Taylors & Donners. Though I thought that the crack about "he'll have you at church in no time!" was a bit surprising... I wouldn't normally say that to a non-Christian who is still at that stage to avoid scaring him off.

    Ok, till next time, signing off from Malaysia,
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave and Daniel... Was wondering if you got my 2 audio reviews with my new AOL?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, I hope my review isn't too late.
    I think their different reactions to bowling were pretty realistic, although I did go bowling with my church's youth group, and we were all cool with it :)
    I think it kind of reminds you of the one where Ben hires Caleb. I did like the way it discussed mercy. Very relevant and easy to understand.
    I don't know, I wasn't really surprised that Caleb came, but I don't know if I was expecting him to either.
    That's all for now,
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete