Daniel and Dave Discuss Every Episode of DGL

A weekly podcast in which Daniel Gray and Dave Brown talk about a specific episode of the hit family radio drama Down Gilead Lane.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Football Fun Continues!

How will last week's episode conclude? Will Coleraine win the big game? How will Caleb respond to being in the game? Will Tiffany get fulfillment? So many questions, all of which will be answered in part two of "Hometown Heroes"! But once you've heard them answered, be sure to send us your thoughts on how it all ended! (Note: 6-6 spoilers follow!)
  • What did you think of the Richter's plans for a Caleb Burger? Would you go out of your way to try a Cougar Burger if the Burger Barn really existed?
  • Was the Richter's gleeful attitude toward Anthony's injury entertaining or unsettling? Which character did you think was the least considerate about it?
  • Do you think Anthony's encouragement to Caleb felt forced?
  • Was it too unrealistic for Coleraine to win the big game? Why do you think that Caleb acknowledged Anthony after Coleraine won?
  • Did the subplot about Tiffany struggling with fulfillment add to the episode?
  • Do you think the message about witnessing was carried over from part one, or was there a different focus in this show?
Be sure to give the show a rating as well! You have until 2PM on Thursday, August 4, to get your review in. :-)

3 comments:

  1. * What did you think of the Richter's plans for a Caleb Burger? Would you go out of your way to try a Cougar Burger if the Burger Barn really existed?

    Haha, quite funny, and no, I wouldn't have bothered to go out of my way to try the burger, but I might have, had I just been going to the Burger Barn anyway.

    I thought this scene really showcased the growth in Caleb's character.

    * Was the Richter's gleeful attitude toward Anthony's injury entertaining or unsettling? Which character did you think was the least considerate about it?

    It wasn't unsettling because that's what you expected the Richters to be like. I thought it was funny that Tiffany repeated Mike's words exactly when the scene changed! It just proved Mike right! :-) As to who was the least considerate, I can't decide between Tiffany and Monica!

    * Do you think Anthony's encouragement to Caleb felt forced?

    No, it seemed quite natural and in line with Anthony's Christian character.

    * Was it too unrealistic for Coleraine to win the big game? Why do you think that Caleb acknowledged Anthony after Coleraine won?

    No, I didn't think it was unrealistic. Caleb was already acknowledeged as a good player, and the team was a proven good team.

    I think Caleb did that because he's growing in his character, and he knew that Anthony deserved it.

    * Did the subplot about Tiffany struggling with fulfillment add to the episode?

    Yes, it did a little. It sort of gave false hope for her spiritual progress, too... :-P

    * Do you think the message about witnessing was carried over from part one, or was there a different focus in this show?

    I thought it did... it's part of the process of bringing Caleb to Christ, isn't it?

    You may have noticed I've been doing text reviews lately. No technical problem, I just find that it takes a lot less time and I have so many other things to do... :-)

    God bless,
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys!
    The Caleb Burger was pathetic and self centered and it would turn me off to the idea of Caleb being the quarterback because it just oozes of conceit! (I'm glad Caleb wasn't for it, though! I am an avid fan of young Mr. Richter!) I would totally go out of my way to have a Cougar burger!!
    I thought the Richter's glee was kind of cheesy. It doesn't seem like many people would be that open about their evil joy. Monica was definitely the happiest!
    I don't think his encouragement was forced. Anthony is just really cool in that he is really strong for anything he stands for, like Caleb or Christianity.
    I think Tiffany's predicament added to the episode well because it showed how content Anthony was and how Caleb was on the brink. It also gives her way more depth.
    Oh man, I listened to part of the episode today, but I can't remember if it had a different focus. I think it did?
    Five shining stars out of five for this episode!
    That's all for now!
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the Caleb burger was dumb. It would have made everyone even more mad if they had named it that. I don't think I would go out of my way for a Cougar burger.
    The Richter's attitude was kind of annoying. I think Tiffany was the worst.
    Anthony's encouragement wasn't forced. He just cares a lot about Caleb and doesn't want to see him go down the wrong path.
    I don't think it was too unrealistic for Coleraine to win cause Caleb was a good quarter back before Anthony came. When Caleb acknowledged Anthony I showed that he was really changing.
    I thought the Tiffany subplot added to the episode.
    I give this episode 4.625 footballs out of 5 =D

    ReplyDelete