Daniel and Dave Discuss Every Episode of DGL

A weekly podcast in which Daniel Gray and Dave Brown talk about a specific episode of the hit family radio drama Down Gilead Lane.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Will Timmy Get His?

Although this week's episode sounds more tasty than it actually is, there's still lots of sweet things going on in "Just Desserts." Tell us what you think of 6-4 (and if you've ever had chocolate crumb pie!).
  • Do you think Timmy's storyline made for a good "Timmy episode"? Do you believe it was necessary for him to withdraw from the election at the end?
  • What do you think of Timmy's new teacher, Miss Bee? 
  • Which Richter did you like hearing from the most in this episode?
You have until 2PM Monday (August 1) to get your review in! :-D

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I am behind again. That pie looks DELICIOUS! Did you get that pic off of a recipe site? I´d love to know which one so I can try baking it. I recently found an English grocery here in Sweden with actual icing. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't actually find a recipe for chocolate crumb pie, so I used a photo of a chocolate mudslide frozen pie from the recipe at http://www.cooksrecipes.com/pie/chocolate_mudslide_frozen_pie_recipe.html. I'm not sure if you could make it in Sweden though, since it seems to have ingredients that you probably can only buy in the U.S. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't my favorite episode but it's still very good.
    I thought Timmy was kind of annoying at the beginning but after he talked with his dad he wasn't anymore. I think he made the right chice in the end. I don't think it would have been right for him to win when he wasn't being a servant in the first place.
    I liked the relationship between Caleb and Maya. This is one of the first episodes that he is actually nice to her.
    I love hearing from all the Richters. It's neat to see God working in all of their lives even when some of them don't believe in Him.
    I give this episode 4 out of 5 stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think Timmy's storyline made for a good "Timmy episode"? Do you believe it was necessary for him to withdraw from the election at the end?

    Yes, I think it was a good move. It shows that he really learned his lesson.

    What do you think of Timmy's new teacher, Miss Bee?

    I like her!

    Which Richter did you like hearing from the most in this episode?

    Caleb! Definitely Caleb! I enjoyed how he stood up for Maya though it didn't give him any personal gain.

    Is this the season where he gets saved? I can see that he is softening. Maya's witness is starting to take effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys!
    I think Timmy made a good decision to withdraw, because, like Ian said, it showed that he learned his lesson.
    I don't really like or dislike Miss Bee. I like her because she was understanding.
    CALEB!!! I love Caleb! He was so sweet to Maya in this episode! Tiffany's part in this episode would be really fun to play though.
    See ya next time,
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete